|Busy looking for matches|
|At the beginning of our experiment|
Today I dug out the plastic Easter eggs and wrote an uppercase letter on one side and the matching lower case letter on the other. This is not my original idea (I actually saw it on Pinterest awhile back) and as one of my five year olds' pointed out, he has these in his Pre-K class with numbers on them. What a great idea! Since I had 36 eggs, I decided to use the remaining for numbers.
Then I simply took the eggs apart and put them all in a bag for them to get busy and find the matches.
|Here is N counting the dots to see what number he needs to look for|
They had a lot of fun doing this and breezed through the letters and numbers so next time I am going to make these with some simple sight words.
|N with his pile|
|S with his pile|
Also, my intent was not to have this as a competition, however, one of my guys thought otherwise and was a little miffed that his brother had more. I told them after school we would do it again individually, but when I picked them up from school S's teacher told me she heard all about this activity and they did a little work on some of the letters and numbers so he was ready for a rematch!
|I may have given them a small piece of chocolate in return for their patience so I could work with the boys :)|